Add to Calendar
April 18, 2016 @ 10:00 am – April 22, 2016 @ 6:00 pm
Page Updated (June 21st, 2017) @ (05:28 pm)
(in collaboration with UNESCO New Delhi)
18-22 April 2016
Venue: INTACH, 71 Lodhi Estate, New Delhi
INTACH is pleased to announce Call for Participation for ‘World Heritage Forum for Youth’.INTACH Heritage Academy is organizing a 5-day course on World Heritage specially designed for young students and professionals from the field of heritage. AIM The focus of the course will be to familiarize the youth of the country with the concepts and operations of the UNESCO World Heritage Convention. It has been designed on the lines of ‘UNESCO Young Experts Forum 2015’, and ‘UNESCO First World Heritage Youth Forum in Asia’. CONTENT As part of the course, the participants will explore some of the key aspects of the World Heritage Convention, the nomination and inscription in the World Heritage list, and the management of World Heritage sites. Through discussions with and inputs from various World Heritage experts, the participants will gain a deeper understanding of the Outstanding Universal Value (OUV) of World Heritage. They will collectively debate about the threats being posed to it and its future. In order to illustrate this, there will be specially designed field visits to World Heritage Sites in Delhi. A unique aspect of this course will be setting up of a Youth Model of the World Heritage Committee. Here the participants will play the role of delegates of the State Parties in order to understand the working of the Committee in an enjoyable way. LEARNING OUTCOMES Upon completion of the course, the participants should:
- Develop an understanding of the concept of ‘World Heritage’.
- Be familiar with UNESCO World Heritage Convention and working of the World Heritage Committee.
- Develop basic knowledge of heritage management.
- Gain basic training to become future delegates of international heritage bodies.
- Start thinking critically about the present and future of World Heritage.
- A citizen of India.
- Within the age of 21-30 years.
- Studying/Working/Volunteering in the field of heritage, archaeology, history of art, architecture and other related fields.
- Fluent in English.
- Keen and committed to participate in the course for all five days.