Page Updated (March 15th, 2019) @ (02:44 pm)
Understanding World Heritage
15 – 18 April 2019
Venue: INTACH, New Delhi
AimA broad aim of the program is to discuss and develop an in-depth understanding of the concept and the significance of ‘World Heritage’ in the context of World Heritage properties in India.
‘Heritage is our legacy from the past, what we live with today, and what we pass on to future generations. Our cultural and natural heritage are both irreplaceable sources of life and inspiration
What makes the concept of World Heritage exceptional is its universal application. World Heritage sites belong to all the peoples of the world, irrespective of the territory on which they are located’. UNESCOAs part of the programme, the participants will explore some of the key aspects of the World Heritage, WH Convention, Operational Guidelines, the nomination and inscription in the World Heritage list, and the management of World Heritage sites. Through discussions with and inputs from various World Heritage experts, the participants will gain a deeper understanding of the Outstanding Universal Value (OUV) of World Heritage. They will collectively debate about the threats being posed to it and its future. In order to illustrate this, there will be specially designed field visits to nominated World Heritage Sites in Delhi.
Learning OutcomesUpon completion of this course the participants should
- Develop an understanding of the concept of ‘World Heritage’.
- Be familiar with UNESCO World Heritage Convention and working of the World Heritage Committee.
- Develop basic knowledge of world heritage management.
- Start thinking critically about the present and future of World Heritage.
SpeakersThe course will be taught by the staff at INTACH and invited guest speakers on specific aspects of the course. Registration Fees: Rs. 4,800 + GST
- 10% concession for INTACH members and Alumni
- 20% concession for students
ContactFor more inforamtion on the course and to register write to us on:
- Mr. Navin Piplani (Principal Director)
- Ms. Sneha Kishnadwala (Capacity Building Assistant)
- Ms. Shradha Arora (Programme Associate)