Add to Calendar
September 24, 2018 – September 27, 2018 all-day
Page Updated (August 16th, 2018) @ (04:15 pm)
Study, Use and Conservation of Historic Brick
24 – 27 September 2018
Venue: Hisar, Haryana
AimThe workshop will introduce some of the key philosophical issues and practical challenges which arise in the use and conservation of historic bricks. This workshop is specially designed for craftsmen working in this area, thus giving a good opportunity to professionals and students to work and share knowledge alongside them.
ContentBrick is one of the primary materials used traditionally in the construction of innumerable historic buildings. The range of buildings varies from modest vernacular dwellings to high palatial complexes. It is therefore critical to understand the historic brick and examine the issues which arise in the conservation and reuse of historic bricks in heritage buildings. A four-day workshop is designed to provide an understanding on the re-use of historic brick in a historic buildings. The workshop will deal with the theory behind understanding and use of historic brick, and will be supported by illustrative discussions and practical hands-on sessions at site. This practical workshop will be held at a historic site in Hisar, Haryana under the guidance of experts. This will help illustrate a range of problems in-situ and discuss these issues with experts, fellow participants and traditional craftsmen.
Learning OutcomesUpon completion of this workshop the participants will be able to:
- develop an understanding of historic brick
- assess the problems and issues associated with reusing historic bricks
- gain introduction to some of the key approaches and techniques to the conservation of historic brick
- start thinking critically about the present and future of traditional building craft skills, especially those related to the re-use of historic brick.
Collaborating PartnersINTACH Hisar Chapter
SpeakersThe course will be taught by the staff at INTACH and invited guest speakers on specific aspects of the course.
Registration ChargeRs. 4800/- + GST
- 10% Discount for INTACH members and Alumni
- 20% Discount for students