KK Birla Ln, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi, Delhi 110003
Page Updated (November 9th, 2017) @ (03:25 pm)
Museum Studies: Re-defined9th – 13th October INTACH, New Delhi
The broad aim of the course is to interpret the role a museum can play in Cultural Industry and understand how their history and gradual development has affected the current imagery.
This course will explore some of the key issues related to collection management, presentation, and community engagement practised in India’s museums. We will also try to identify some of the challenges that a museum faces with emphasis on fundraising, and conservation. A wide range of case studies will illustrate the philosophical, ethical and practical approaches to the museum collection, information management, display techniques, and today’s most critical tool – digital media. In addition to these issues, we will also explore new technologies, social media and innovative ideas that can be incorporated into museums to boost the classical nature of museums.
Upon completion of this course, the participants should –
- Develop an understanding of the concept of ‘collection management’ and core concepts of conservation.
- Gain ideas to enhance the functioning of the museum in contemporary times.
- Develop an understanding of museum studies and a range of issues related to it – ethical, political, philosophical, technical, economic and so forth.
- Develop basic knowledge of the approaches to fundraising, social media management and visitor management.
- Start thinking critically about the role of museums in a society and how to link museums at a global level.
The course will be taught by invited eminent speakers and staff at INTACH.
Course fee: INR 5000/- (Indian Nationals), USD 300.00 (Foreign Nationals)
(This includes registration fee, delegate pack, any handouts for the course, local travel expenditure)
20 % less for INTACH members and employees
30 % less for students
Registration Form – Registration Form
Programme – Museum Studies_programme
Academic enquiries: Mr Navin Piplani
Registration and Administrative: Ms Tejaswi Mehta