Add to Calendar
September 11, 2018 all-day
Page Updated (August 20th, 2018) @ (11:04 am)
M A S T E R C L A S S
International Perspectives on Heritage
11 September 2018
INTACH, New Delhi
AimA broad aim of this masterclass is to introduce the participants to the international perspectives on heritage – understanding, conservation and management.
ContentA masterclass on international perspectives on heritage is the first in series of masterclasses offered by INTACH Heritage Academy over the year. This masterclass will train the participants to gain an wider understanding of the significance of heritage and conservation in an international context. There are a number of professional bodies, NGOs and funding agencies that are involved in heritage conservation activities across the globe. Some of the key organizations include UNESCO, ICOMOS, ICCROM, IUCN, ICOM, WMF, the Getty Conservation Institute and so forth. We will explore the role and activities of some of these organizations and understand their contribution to heritage conservation India.
Learning OutcomesUpon completion of this masterclass the participants should be able to –
- Gain an introduction to the role of some of the key international bodies for heritage conservation,
- Develop an awareness of strategies and approaches to heritage conservation prevalent across the globe,
- Assess how diverse perspectives on heritage conservation serve to inform our own, and how they may expand or question our own methods of working,
- Gain introduction to the notions of value and significance associated with cultural heritage in a wider international context,
- Develop basic knowledge of the international approaches to heritage conservation.