Add to Calendar
August 27, 2018 – August 30, 2018 all-day
INTACH Multipurpose Hall
Page Updated (July 30th, 2018) @ (12:36 pm)
Documentation of Historic Buildings and Sites
INTACH, New Delhi
27 – 30 August, 2018
AimA broad aim of the course is to discuss a range of methods for identification, documentation and recording of historic sites and built heritage.
ContentThis course will help the participants to understand the importance of documentation of historic Sites and built heritage and analysing their tangible and intangible factors. The discussions and onsite studies will illustrate some of the key methods for identification, documentation and recording of historic sites and built heritage. The participants will be exposed to the approaches and skills for documentation and recording of historic sites and built heritage. All- day site visits will be organized for the hands-on practical training of participants under the guidance of architectural documentation experts.
Upon completion of this course the participants should:
- Understand the importance of architectural heritage and its values.
- Understand the importance of architectural documentation and condition assessment of historic sites and built heritage.
- Classify and marking structural issues and challenges at building level and documenting the same.
- Gain hands-on experience and knowledge of how to identify, list and document heritage site.
- Understand the tools of heritage documentation like sketches, drawings and visual documentation.