Add to Calendar
February 26, 2018 – March 2, 2018 all-day
INTACH Chennai Chapter
Page Updated (June 29th, 2018) @ (11:29 am)
Workshop on Documentation of Architectural Sites
26 February – 02 March 2018
Venue: ChennaiDuring the Jury process for the selection of awardees of the Heritage Awards for excellence in documentation of unprotected heritage 2017 , held on 11th December 2017 at INTACH; it was also suggested by the jury members to conduct specialized documentation workshops in the three zones (North, South and Central), tentatively in Chennai, Pune and Bhubaneswar. To take this forward, IHA is organizing the ‘Documentation of Architectural Sites’ workshop for faculty of architectural colleges in Chennai during 26 February 2018 – 02 March 2018, in collaboration with INTACH Chennai Chapter.
AimA broad aim of the training program is to discuss the various methods for identification and documentation of heritage buildings/sites with the faculty of architectural colleges.
ContentThe faculty training program will help the participants to understand the importance of conservation of historic sites and analyzing their tangible and intangible factors. The discussions and onsite studies will illustrate some of the key methods for identification, demarcation and documentation of heritage buildings/sites. The participants will be exposed to the approaches and skills for documentation and recording of heritage buildings/sites. All- day site visits will be organized for the hands-on practical training of participants under the guidance of architectural documentation experts.
Learning OutcomesThe training Programme comprising of two parts with a series of expert lectures and hands-on practical experience on site is going to help the participants in:
- Understanding the importance of architectural heritage and its values.
- Creating importance of architectural documentation and condition assessment of historic buildings/sites.
- Classifying and marking structural issues and challenges at building level and documenting the same.
- Gaining hands-on experience and knowledge of how to identify, list and document heritage site.
- Understanding the tools of heritage documentation like sketches, drawings and visual documentation.