Add to Calendar
October 10, 2018 – October 11, 2018 all-day
Page Updated (October 18th, 2018) @ (04:25 pm)
10 – 11 October 2018
Venue: INTACH, New Delhi
AimThe broad aim of the course is to discuss the issues and complexities related to structural engineering for the conservation of historic buildings
ContentThe course will introduce the concept of ‘conservation engineering’. This is a new concept that underpins the understanding, analysis and conservation of historic buildings from a structural engineering perspective. The discussions and case studies will illustrate some of the key scientific and non-destructive methods of testing and analysis. There will be sessions related to understanding the structural systems in heritage buildings in order to introduce structural retrofitting with the help of related case studies. An interaction session are planned for understanding the SORs and how to do rate analysis.
Learning OutcomesUpon completion of this Master class the participants will be able to:
- gain introduction to the notions of value and significance associated with cultural heritage.
- develop basic knowledge of the approaches to conservation.
- develop an understanding of the basic principles of structural engineering and retrofitting for conservation.
- gain an introduction to identifying and assessing structural problems with historic buildings.
- start thinking critically about the issues related to structural engineering aspects of heritage conservation.
- develop basic knowledge of preparing SORs and rate analysis.
SpeakersThe course will be taught by the staff at INTACH Heritage Academy and invited guest speakers on specific aspects of the course
Registration FeesRs. 2400 + applicable Govt. taxes. [This includes registration charge, delegate packs, any handouts for the course, refreshments, tools etc.]
- 10 % less for INTACH members and employees
- 20 % less for students
For any queries and further details regarding academic inquires, please contact:
- Mr. Navin Piplani – Principal Director
For registrations, please contact:
- Ms. Shradha Arora – Programme Associate