Page Updated (June 21st, 2017) @ (05:27 pm)24 – 26 April 2017
Venue: INTACH, 71 Lodhi Estate, New Delhi
AimThe workshop will introduce the aspects related to understanding- listing, documenting and conserving different kinds to heritages – natural, architectural, material and intangible heritage and all related issues.
ContentWe will explore the key issues – what is heritage, why does it matter, how do we value the past, what is of significance in this value system, who are the stakeholders in the field of heritage conservation and what roles various people and organizations perform within it. We will also discuss the concepts of tangible, intangible and living heritage and debate about the future of the past. The discussion will illustrate the process for Listing and Documentation of heritage and the ways in which legal and administrative approaches may be taken up for the protection and safeguarding of this heritage. Community involvement is crucial to INTACH’s activities and we will demonstrate case studies where this has been achieved in a substantial way. A specially designed field visit on the final day will help illustrate this broader understanding and conservation of heritage. Learning Outcomes Upon completion of this workshop, the participants should –
- Develop an understanding of the concept of ‘heritage’ and its manifestation into various types of heritages.
- Gain introduction to the notions of value and significance associated with cultural heritage.
- Develop basic knowledge of the approaches to listing and documentation.
- Get introduced to the role of key stakeholders in the conservation and management of heritage.
- Gain an introduction to heritage legislation and policy in India, and
- Start thinking critically about the present and future of historic heritages.
- Take up public causes and influence govt. policies
- Total 20-25 members / participants
- One / Two individual members (other than Conveners / Co-conveners) each, from local chapters and Institutional Members, by nomination
- The nominated members must be a member of INTACH and should have displayed commitment and dedication to the cause of heritage. Kindly attach CV/CVs of the nominated member/ members.
Programme Director: Mr. Navin Piplani: email@example.com
Academic enquiries: Ms. Shradha Arora: firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Enquiries: Ms. Devinder Malhi: email@example.com